All Aspects of Real Estate Purchases, Sales, Financing and Leasing
At the Law Offices of Joanna W. Owen, our focus is on providing high quality legal services for both commercial and residential real estate clients. We work with individuals, business owners, in-house counsel, local and national title insurance companies, banks, and lenders, buyers, sellers, landlords, tenants, property managers and leasing agents, in all aspects of real estate purchases, sales, financing and leasing.
Over the past five years, we have participated in the sale, purchase, leasing and financing of more that $500 million in real estate transactions. We have represented clients in modest residential transactions (“For Sale by Owner”) and in commercial real estate deals involving millions of dollars. Regardless of the complexity of a real estate transaction, we provide skilled and experienced professional services.
An added value of our firm is our on-site title insurance and surveying services available to our clients.
As St. Louis real estate attorneys, we handle a broad range of real estate matters including:
- Commercial and residential real estate transactions (from simple “For Sale By Owner” residential transactions to significant commercial properties such as hotels, restaurants, medical facilities, industrial sites) – negotiations, structuring, document preparation, due diligence, financing, closing and post-closing matters.
- Real Estate Financing – Loans/ Mortgages/ Deeds of Trust
- Property Development / Subdivision and Condominium
- Homeowner Association and Subdivision Trustee Matters
- Foreclosures and Work-outs
- Leasing Matters - Negotiating, drafting and review of leases – retail, industrial, shopping centers, office buildings , commercial leases
- Landlord/Tenant disputes
- Contracts – Negotiation, Drafting, Review, Breach of Contract, Contract disputes, Contract interpretation
- Title Problems – Title defects, title insurance and conveyance problems
- Roads and Rights of Way – Easements, rights of way, roadway issues, condemnation
- Land and Property Disputes – Survey problems, Boundary disputes, Quiet Title Actions, Partitions, Encroachments
- Property Defects – Non-disclosure problems/Fraud CasesMechanic’s Liens
- Environmental ProblemsDeeds – Conveyance Deeds (Warranty Deeds/Quit Claim Deeds) and Probate Avoidance (Heirs Deeds/Beneficiary Deeds)
- Federal and State Tax credit developments
- Affordable Housing